I’m devoting my post today to address this comment below from a member of the Heal SVT naturally Private FB group. I am doing so because our frustration with Doctors is our fuel to dig deeper to find real answers. In order to get there, we have to first let go of our expectations and second, begin to trust ourselves.
“I left a doctor’s office yesterday in tears any advice would help. I have had one documented SVT (that’s all she called it) and possibly now that I know what are one a few years ago. I had my ER follow up from the doctor and she told me without even asking me any questions or hardly working on my records that this is something i was born with, my low magnesium levels have nothing to do with it (opposite of what i have read), I have to be on medication forever or have surgery. exercise, supplements acupuncture, stress relief etc would never help and then she gave me a rx and said to come back in year!!!?? I WAS LIKE WAHHHHTTT? I left so sad and hopeless and very confused!!”
I know exactly what it feels like to be suffering and to assume that on your next Doctor visit they will carefully listen to all of your symptoms and experiences and tell you what is wrong with you and how to fix it. I spent over 9 years of my life with acute symptoms and long lists of clues but was let down over and over again by leading Cardiologists in New York, as well as highly recommended Electrophysiologists, Internists, and Endocrinologists.
It’s heartbreaking to turn to Dr’s so hopeful, and then be left without the answers we anticipated and leave feeling disempowered. I was that girl 15 years ago, seeking answers, desperate for help, and continually disappointed…but I am not that girl anymore, and you don’t have to be either.
Any Western traditional Doctor that tells you that there is NOTHING that you can do to support your health and prevent episodes should raise an eyebrow. First off, what planet are they living on, that they are not yet connecting food, the gut, the immune system and seeing the body as a whole. Is this viewpoint really still considered “holistic or alternative” or are we just finally demanding that traditional medicine catch up with the strides being made in other fields.
The real tragedy is not that these Doctors say those things…but that WE BELIEVE THEM. What I ask you to do is not to LISTEN to me, but to LISTEN TO YOURSELF. Listen to your own intuition and inner knowing and begin there when you are left confused, scared, and disempowered. Trust yourself over ANYONE else. You know what is best for you.
Here are all of the things that I think contribute to accelerated heart episodes, that most cardiologists will disagree with. ALL of them were within our control and don’t require medication or surgery.
- Feeling depleted. Pushing yourself too hard for too long.
- Eating large portions of food or foods that we are sensitive to, specifically carbs, gluten, sugar, meat, animal fat and dairy.
- Eating too many dead foods. Food from a box, frozen, not fresh.
- Not drinking enough water.
- Stress, stress that doesn’t let up, unresolved problems, no relief
- Anger, old anger, anger that we need to let go of.
- Unexpressed emotions.
- Lack of self-care routines, general self-neglect, low self-love, neglect in general
- Lack of feeling emotionally, spiritually fulfilled and nourished
- Not knowing how to meet your own needs, wanting other people to meet your needs.
- Nutritional deficiencies, this can be due to undiagnosed food intolerances. Ie: GLUTEN intolerance
- Imbalanced minerals.
- Too much salt, not enough salt, not the right salt.
- Not honoring our energy, energetic field, sensitivity to energy. Not knowing how to clean, and protect our energy field.
- Fears, inability to let go, CONTROL issues.
- And more….
This list can go on but I am trying to demonstrate some of the accelerated heart episode contributors that ARE within our control. Medication or Ablation cannot solve any of the above, and if you do choose that route, I assure you that any imbalances that are created by any of the above, will find a new outlet for your attention, even after an “extra pathway” is abalted.
I believe that our health issues can be a blessing in disguise. They are here to help us, if we are WILLING, to look deep enough. ILL NESS and DIS EASE can be the result of a complicated combination of emotions, feelings, and physical contributors that all play a role is sickness. Your heart accelerating isn’t here to burden you and make you miserable. It’s here because it is your bodies way of communicating with you. It needs your attention, and to what exactly only you can know. I love to ask people, “What is your accelerated Heart trying to say?” If it had a voice, what does it want you to know?
I honor and respect traditional Western medicine, and certainly appreciate the bulk of it. It saves lives. It helps with emergencies, It helps women with breech babies live through childbirth, it kills infections, and endless other benefits. But like with anything, it also has some flaws. Thankfully, many many people are interested today in looking at the body and all its systems as a WHOLE. This approach, that makes so much more sense to me, is something that my own intuition tells me is the path for me. It’s not right or wrong. It’s what right for me, and maybe is for you too.
The truth is that there are many different things that work and can help you to heal. I have done so many things that have all contributed to my healing. Some of them are:
- Acupuncture, Chinese herbs
- Changed my diet
- Became Gluten Free
- Eat way more greens, vegetables, and naturally gluten dree grains
- Smaller meals
- More exercise
- Lots of letting go and healing from the past, journaling
- Energy Healing
- Stretching, yoga, walking, swimming, resting
- GIVING, giving back, giving to the world, being in service, living my divine service, helping others
- Increasing my self-love and care
- Moving homes
- Listening to my heart
- Clearing clutter, paying bills on time, organizing my life and possessions
- Letting go of what no longer serves me
- Taking supplements
- Eating super foods
- Not engaging in toxic conversations, news or other energetic drains
- Honoring myself….and so much more….
We all can stand to improve our self-love and care and elevate the foods we ingest. This is such a good (and free) place to start. If you feel blocked, or have a long pattern of not being able to move through an area where you feel blocked, you can journal, meditate on it, or seek a coach, or other help and support.
Further, I am so excited to mention that I am in the process of writing a book with the brilliant Dr. Peter Bongiorno, a Natourpathic Doctor who is the Vice President of the New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians. Our book will be a guide to natural approaches to healing accelerated heart issues, and will hopefully be a breakthrough in our under-researched field providing clarity, practical steps, and new approaches for healing.
I invite you to choose confidence when it comes to listening or not listening to a Doctor that doesn’t share your philosophy or leaves you feeling worse about your situation instead of better.
Journaling is my favorite way to get really honest with yourself about WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HEAL YOUR SVT naturally! Try answering these questions…
- Do I trust others more than I trust myself? Do I feel that I know what is best for my health?
- Do I think that I have control over my health? Where do I display confidence in my ability to heal myself?
- What do I value most? Do my Actions each day align with those values?
- Do I eat carbs, white flour, white sugar or dead foods from a box with no nutritional value. Do I feel ready to elevate my eating and work through my blocks?
- Do I have any unresolved emotional eating issues that I am willing to look at?
- What can I do to immediately improve my diet and self-care?
- Do I wake up excited about my life?
- Do I love myself and practice loving self-care each and every day?
- Do I take baths, and walks, and put on music that I like?
- Am I in deeply loving, nurturing relationships?
- Do I have a relationship with my heart? Do I listen to it? Can I hear it? Do I know my heart’s desires?
- Do I give back to the world? Am I in service? Do I help people and feed my heart and soul through giving? Do I experience the HEART JOY of giving?
- Do I listen to my intuition when making decisions for myself, my life and my health?
- What is one step that I can do today to improve the quality of my life and show myself how much I value myself?
I hope that this article helps you to trust yourself, and look at other, less obvious, areas of life that may be contributing to your SVT or other accelerated heart conditions. You deserve health, wealth and happiness, and I hope to inspire you to take the very best care of yourself that you can. You have one life to live and the world needs you. Imagine what you could be doing when you FEEL BETTER. That is what I hold for each of you! That you meet your potential and LOVE yourself to the life you DREAM of.
Xoxox Laura Madrigano
If you would like to speak with my directly about one-on-one coaching just hit reply to this email!
My understanding of my svt condition is one of a genetic electrical problem. Radio frequency ablation fixes the problem over 90% of the time. I don’t understand why you and others would elect to not have the surgery and instead dance around the problem?
Hi Michael, Thank you for your comment. I love your question, because actually what I do is the exact opposite of what you are suggesting and Im grateful for the chance to clarify. What I do, is not dance around the problem, but actually challenge that SVT is the SYMPTOM and NOT the real problem. I challenge people to look for the REAL problem which I believe is rooted in unhealthy eating habits, unhealed old emotions, depletion, stress, and the like, all of which are within our control to change. SVT in and of itself is a symptom that happens to people when a specific line up of events occurs. If you were born with an extra pathway, then why isnt your heart is a constant state of acceleration? The pathway alone is not the issue, it is an issue when you are triggered. I help people search for triggers so that they ultimately take better care of themselves. Triggers that are setting off an SVT can also trigger other health issues later down the line if ignored. I would argue, that many people have an extra pathway who are not also having SVT. There are many contributors to SVT and I help address those contributors while making lifelong changes to live a life of prevention. Many people do not want to go on lifelong heart medication or have heart surgery and instead want to explore other options. Natural approaches have no side effects, no risk for waking up from ablation with a pace maker, no side effects from prescription medication etc. Since accordingly to Cardiologists, SVT is not life threatening, then no one has anything to loose from trying a natural approach first or in addition to traditional treatments. My theory also offers the possibility of experiencing deeper healing and improved quality of life by improving your self-care, diet, and releasing old toxic emotions that yearn to be healed. I look at all the layers to SVT since the “line up” of events seem to always include some form of stress, depletion and reaction to consuming gluten, sugar, dairy or other unhealthy food. SVT has layers, physical, emotional and energetic. By the way, I would also argue that if you read through all the comments on this blog and on the FB group, you will see that the 90% success rate that you/they are quoting you, is not true. Its a much lower number as most people here had unsuccessful ablation which was the impetus for finding other solutions and have thus found this site. No matter what people choose to do, my articles offer Lifestyle tips that will help people improve their quality of life and help them take their self-care to a higher level of nourishment and joy. Thank you! Hope this helps you see my perspective!
Thanks!I see your point and I won’t rush into ablation surgery. I saw my family doctor today and he commented that stress and alcohol are common triggers for svt. I can see diet contributing as well… I appreciate your response and will proceed with caution.
Great Mike! I offer free 30 minute calls for people if you ever need to talk. I coach people through the process and help them to figure out their triggers and make small but meaningful changes. I talk to people from all over the world via video skype. 3 sessions are 255.00. Plus I sent you a food and lifestyle tracker that you fill in and then I study it and we review it together. Stress is so huge, plus letting yourself get too depleted. Try to create a great sleep routine and make your health and rest a priority. You can also try to cut way back on gluten and replace it with brown rice, brown rice pasta etc. Layer in green juice and smoothies. Let me know if you ever need my help! All the best to you! Feel free to email me anytime.