I love chocolate chip cookies…I always have…and always will. After becoming totally 100% gluten-free about 2 years ago…I have made many, many versions of them…some good…some not sooo good. Recently I learned how to make this “PALEO” version…One aspect of the Paleo diet basically means no grains at all….While I am no expert on the paleo diet and I do eat grains…these were a nice sweet treat and a totally different taste and texture then my usual basic GF version…
Here’s What I did:
- 2 cups bobs red mill almond meal/flour finely ground
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt ( I make my own salt combo of iodized salt and pink Himalayan sea salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey (a little more if needed)
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (You can use dairy free…I didnt!)
1. I combined all the dry ingredients, and then wet ones separately…and I stirred everything together by hand.
2. Add in the chocolate chips last…
3. Place small balls of dough on baking sheet and only bake for about 7 minutes on 350 degrees.
4. While I am definitely not a fan of letting things cool…these need to or they will get crumbly…
free to support my SVT, these are a perfect example of how we can still eat yummy sweet treats that won’t trigger our SVT’s! Enjoy!!!! xoxo Laura
Remember to “follow” the blog or “sign up for my email list” to receive blog posts straight to your inbox!
I have found this really helpful. I started a diet about 4 weeks ago now whereby I cut out alot of carbohydrates, I found that this helped my SVT. I have now reintroduced carbohydrates and finding that I have flutters not actual attacks on a daily basis. Its so good to hear that something can actually be done.