“Healing” is such a broad term, especially when it comes to Healing SVT Naturally.
There’s healing our body, our health, our eating habits, our emotions, our self-expression, our relationship to ourselves and others, our self-talk, our hearts….
Many years ago, I went to talk therapy. The first question the therapist asked me was:
What brings you JOY?
I was stumped. Truly. I reflected on it and back to it for a long time. As I write about this now, nearly 8 years later, I can really recall how lost I was for answers to that simple yet complex question.
What brings me JOY? What did Heart joy really feel like? Did I ever feel joyful? Did other people actually feel joyful?
It’s safe to say I didn’t feel heart joy at that time in my life. Perhaps it’s no coincidence that my SVT was in full swing.
I have learned that SVT isn’t as random as you might think. It is connected to many other aspects of our physical health and emotional health …just like all of life is connected. For me, my SVT was clearly connected to my heart joy, or lack thereof. I realize now that part of “healing” is opening to feeling and receiving more joy.
I understand this now not only from a mental perspective, but an energetic one. When it comes to feelings and the law of attraction, I understand now that “like attracts like,” and “feeling joy” is what brings more feelings of joy…but this isn’t easy to explain this to someone like myself who was not feeling joy at all or who was/is confused by what the Law of Attraction really means and how it works.
I needed to find out what was stopping me from aligning with and manifesting joy.
What can you do if you don’t feel joyful or know what brings you joy or the last time you felt joy? Where do you begin?
I started with a pen and journal in hand and tried to answer these questions…
- WHAT BRINGS ME JOY?
- When was the last time I felt truly joyful?
- Do I laugh every day?
- What makes me laugh?
- Who do I like to laugh with?
- What are some fond memories of laughing really hard?
- In order to laugh more and feel more joy what do I have to let go of? Who do I need to spend more time with?
- How can I make more room in my heart for joy?
- Am I letting my heartbreak take over my life and heart?
- How can I support my heart to let go of the past or of old heartbreaks?
- What has served its purpose and is time to let go of?
- How can I listen more to what my heart really wants?
- What activities brought me joy as a child?
- How can I find more joy with my own child?
- Do I make time to play?
- Do I give my heart the room it needs to speak and feel nourished…to feel JOY?
- Do I tell the people that I love that I love them?
- Can I sit for a few minutes and IMAGINE what JOY feels like? Can I invite JOY into my heart to see what it feels like?
- How can I look for small moments of JOY in my day today?
I hope you like these guided journaling questions and that you give yourself time to answer them. Journaling with guided questions is one of my favorite ways to connect with my heart…and the path that lead me to more heart joy!
Love + Healing,
Your SVT Coach, Laura
If you like this and want more, stay tuned for details coming soon about my coaching membership community which will include many more guided journaling exercises and support to help you connect with your Heart Joy!