Summer Heat and humidity is an SVT trigger for many people within our community….and used to be one of my biggest SVT triggers…
Is your supra=ventricular tachycardia worsened by heat?
This is a quick reminder on all the things that you can do to avoid an SVT this summer and keep yourself internally cool which is of extreme importance in countering SVT and heat intolerance…
Here are some tips to Stay cool and AVOID an SVT
- Stay hydrated. At least 8 full, large glasses of water each day. MORE if you are exercising or working outside.
- GREENS! Think green. Green juice, green smoothies and chlorophyll. At least one green drink per day.
- FRUIT, 3 per day. Cooling ones are watermelon, cantaloupe, and nectarine
- Avoid Gluten. Even if you are not ready to become 100% gluten free, which is my recommendation in The SVT Prevention Diet., try to avoid gluten for a few weeks in a row this summer. Replace gluten with naturally GF grains like brown rice, quinoa, brown rice pasta, home made baked goods and GF rolled oats.
- Lighten up in general on the carbs. Hot weather in general is asking you to lighten up, lighten your load, and eat with the seasons…and in summer its time to eat lighter. Think of salads, nuts, seeds, fruit, raw vegetables and cooling foods.
- Add Electrolytes to your water. Buy a box and then carry the little one shot packets with you. Get them at a health food store and try add this into your rotation every day or every other day.
- Probiotics- I highly recommend taking a high quality probiotic. I cannot say enough about what a game changer they are. It’s all about keeping your gut happy and healthy. If you do nothing else, add in a good probiotic. NOTE: They need to be refrigerated. Do not buy the ones from a shelf. They are NOT the ones I mean. Probiotics are a live culture and to live need to stay cold. I use a basic Jarro dophilus brand. If you are in the UK, check out this one.
- Add in these naturally cooling foods to cool yourself internally: cucumber, zucchini, coconut, avocado, romaine lettuce, lime and all greens in general.
- Drink Ice water with lemon or lime or mint leaves or slices of oranges
- When you get too hot, take a break! If you don’t have A/C use the old fashion cold washcloth method…on the wrists and neck like my grandmother used to do when she was vacuuming;)
- REST! Lay down for 10 minutes every day, take a break!. No need for a 2 hour nap, a few little rests will do.
- Make sure your bowels are moving. If you are not having a nice, satisfying bowel movement every single morning…there are things that you can do to make this happen! Add in more fiber and water and PLEASE PLEASE read the SVT Prevention Diet E-Book HERE
- Listen to your body! These messages are unique to only you!
- Start a morning ritual where each morning upon waking, you ask your self “What foods would best serve me today? What do I need?” and wait for the answer…it might surprise you!
- Don’t leave the house without your ice water in a bottle that keeps it cold I like this one
You are NOT alone if the heat bothers your SVT. Heat intolerance, or having episodes brought on by feeling hot or the barometric pressure or humidity are very common. Be prepared and be diligent about your SVT prevention efforts. Be sure to read about how to use your DIET to prevent episodes in my latest digital e-guide HERE.
Hope this reminder helps you to take great care of yourself this summer!
More Heal SVT Naturally RESOURCES for You:
- Get my TOP TEN TIPS to HEAL SVT NATURALLY free e-guide when you sign up for my email list for FREE HERE
- Join The Heal SVT Naturally Private Facebook Group HERE
- Get Heal SVT Naturally THE BASICS HERE
- Get The SVT Prevention Diet E-book HERE
- Download the Heal SVT Naturally E-books a HERE
- Please comment below with any questions. I LOVE to hear from you and try to answer as many q’s as possible!
I hope this info was helpful for you! Let me know
Your SVT Health Coach
Thanks Laura…enjoyed this post. I confess I don’t go to the website as much as I use too but will begin today . You have done such a great job..visually & info . I began reading the guest blogs but couldn’t get to the entire post to continue reading . Is there a way to do this? We learn so much from one another . Your personal experience with svt has given hope to thousands. Thank you!
Do you have preference for Manuka Honey that you used for the healing oh your fissure?