My Daily Smoothie is a STAPLE in my SVT Prevention Diet.
Smoothies were one of first additions that I added in to my daily routine when I began my journey of SVT healing. They have helped me to rebuild my health overall and keep me SVT FREE longterm.
Smoothies are filling, loaded with nutrition, are a good protein source and are an approved SVT prevention breakfast option.
They are an opportunity to fill your body up with nutrition + vitamins first thing in the morning and start the day off right!
SVT Prevention and management is not just about what you ELIMINATE from your diet, but also about what you put into your body! To prevent SVT, you need to maximize your daily intake of minerals, vitamins and nutrients. Smoothies are the perfect daily opportunity to fuel your precious body and cells with the vitamins and nutrition that you so desperately need to replenish your depleted body! (Plus, they are delicious!) Remember, SVT is a condition of depletion! To reverse that depletion you want to use DIET as a TOOL and learning how to make smoothies is a fast and easy option to have under your belt!
You want to focus not just on what you take away, but what you ADD in!
I mix up what I put in my #morningsmoothie but it’s usually a mixture of the following (serves 2):
- 2 room temperature (not frozen) bananas as a base. I like them RIPE.
- 1 cup of frozen organic blueberries,
- 1/2 cup pitted dark frozen cherries
- GREENS: 2 cups of baby spinach (buy the bag of pre-washed and freeze the whole bag and then just pull out a hand-full as needed.
- Green Powder like Green Vibrance, and/or SPIRULINA (excellent to help stabilize blood sugar).
- Protein: 6 almonds, almond butter, walnuts or scoop hemp seeds
- Additions: omega 3 oil, occasionally this Pea Based Protein Powder Thorne Mediclear
- 1 date or 1 tablespoon local HONEY.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
I have been having a morning smoothie for about seven years now and I swear by it as part of my SVT Prevention daily routine. When I have a morning smoothie I start my day off feeling great, I crave LESS sugar throughout the day, feel energized and know that I just filled my body and blood with nutrients first thing in the morning. It sets you up for a day of healthy eating.Smoothies are an excellent option especially if you are struggling with sugar cravings. This is a fantastic replacement!
Creating SVT prevention breakfast option rotations is a good strategy to help you stay away from the carb dense sugar cereal, bagel options that fuel SVT. Good protein based smoothies, eggs, and cashew yogurts are good options. It’s all about what you ADD to them. As I explain in The SVT Prevention Diet, I always like to think about the FAT, FIBER, PROTEIN, combo.
What do you like to put in your smoothie?
If you need help altering it, making it more nutrient dense or figuring out more protein chocies then comment below! Feel free to ask me a question or tell me your ingredients and I will comment on how to upgrade them.
To follow more of my daily recipes and what I eat and do for daily SVT Prevention follow my instagram HERE
Other Heal SVT Naturally RESOURCES for You:
- Get my TOP TEN TIPS to HEAL SVT NATURALLY a free 14 page e-guide when you sign up for my email list for FREE HERE
- Heal SVT Naturally THE BAISCS Get it Here
- The SVT Prevention Diet e-guide, GET IT HERE
- Heal SVT Naturally INSTAGRAM page HERE
- Join The Heal SVT Naturally Private Facebook Group HERE
- Journaling TOOLS: SVT Journaling Page HERE
- Learn more about The Heal SVT Naturally Self Empowerment E-guide series HERE
- Please comment below with any questions. I LOVE to hear from you and try to answer as many q’s as possible!
I would love to try the smoothie but that’s too many carbs for me to have in one meal, is there an alternative?
Hi Veronica! If you want to reduce carbs (Im assuming you mean carbs from the banana and fruit?) then just reduce banana to 1/4 or small 1/2 and add just a 1/4 blueberries. Then add in extra greens like a mixture of romaine, spinach, kale etc. You can also add in Chia, flax, and hemp seeds. Use water instead of nut milk. Reduce honey to one tiny drizzle for mineral content. There are so many options just think about making it more about protein and greens and less about the fruit!
My smoothie is similar to yours! Banana, blueberry, pineapple, avocado, coconut milk, almond butter, hemp seeds, spinach, and collagen protein powder. Works well when my stomach doesn’t feel too good in the morning.