Here are some naturally gluten free breakfast ideas to help you start your day!
- Smoothies. Green ones, red ones, any kind you can think of will do. I always start with a banana for a base. Then I layer a berry, usually strawberry, blueberry or if I took the time to de-pit cherries, those are the ultimate. Then I layer in green vibrance, a bit of raw local honey, and a pea based protein powder ( i use Mediclear) I use rice milk or almond milk or coconut water. For a decadent thick treat add a tablespoon of almond butter. Blend and enjoy. Best in summer and spring.
- Gluten free Oatmeal. Use Bobs red mill naturally gluten free rolled oats and make on your stove top or if using from a packet make sure to use a plain flavor to keep the sugar down and add your own toppings. Try flax, hemp seeds, blueberries, honey and cinnamon.
- If you eat dairy, try cottage cheese with diced apples and honey.
- Goat yogurt with rolled oats, gf granola, chia seeds, and whatever else you have on hand. Drizzle with a dash of maple syrup or honey.
- Egg omelette, with spinach
- Chicken apple sausage (I use trader joes.)
- Gluten free toast with whatever you like on top…avocado, organic cheese, or almond butter
- Yogurt Parfait with granola and the usual toppings like honey, hemp or chia seeds, and raisins.
- Quinoa berry bowl. (pictured above) Cooked Quinoa reheated with a little rice milk and cinnamon, topped with your favorite berries.
- weekend treat…gluten free pancakes with berries…Use almond butter on top to get the protein and not feel heavy and tired after eating. Always add a little ground flax to your batter.
What are some of your favorite, healthy, naturally gluten free breakfasts?
Laura, is there any way you can use a darker font on your site..am trying to find those breakfast recipes and stumbled upon this info on adrenal fatigue but am having trouble seeing the print and it is so light. Thanks for your consideration. Pam
Ok Pam I’m checking with my tech guy to try to make the default text color darker! Thanks for mentioning it!