Colorful Sweet Potato Chickpea Coconut Curry:
Curry’s are a great way to use up vegetables that you have on hand and create a nutrient packed meal. I like to use hearty veggies like sweet potatoes as one of the ingredients and then add in any other veggies I have on hand. I layer this dish over naturally gluten free brown rice and serve as a warming dish in winter for lunch or dinner.
Here’s What I had on hand and used:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (peel and cube up)
- 1 cup cherry Tomatoes sliced in ahlf
- small head of Broccoli
- 1 Purple Pepper
- 1.5 cups Fresh pre-cooked chickpeas fresh not canned but you can use either
- curry powder
- salt, pepper
- 2 small garlic cloves
- sweet vidala onion sliced and diced
- served over 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Sauté Onion and Garlic with a drizzle of Olive Oil for a few minutes
- Add tomato and keep sautéing
- Add rest of cut up veggies to the pan and keep stirring
- Season with Salt-pepper garlic powder if desired…
- After sautéing for about 5 minutes add one can coconut milk and one can water
- add in 2 tablespoons curry powder and stir
- add turmeric
- add pink Himalayan sea salt
- add drop cayenne pepper if desired (See the SVT Prevention Diet guide for when and how much cayenne to use)
- slow cook for aprox 30-50 minutes
- Serve over brown rice
I hope you like this recipe and give it a try! Remember, use any veggies that you have on hand, be creative and have fun in the kitchen!
The SVT Prevention Diet: The SVT-Gut Connection and The Power of Food to Control SVT and Transform Your Health.
More Heal SVT Naturally RESOURCES for You:
- Get my TOP TEN TIPS to HEAL SVT NATURALLY free e-guide when you sign up for my email list for FREE HERE
- Join The Heal SVT Naturally Private Facebook Group HERE
- Download the Heal SVT Naturally E-books a HERE
- Please comment below with any questions. I LOVE to hear from you and try to answer as many q’s as possible!
I hope this info was helpful for you! Let me know
Your SVT Health Coach