Colorful Sweet Potato Chickpea Coconut Curry:
Curry’s are a great way to use up vegetables that you have on hand and create a nutrient packed meal. I like to use hearty veggies like sweet potatoes as one of the ingredients and then add in any other veggies I have on hand. I layer this dish over naturally gluten free brown rice and serve as a warming dish in winter for lunch or dinner.
Here’s What I had on hand and used:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (peel and cube up)
- 1 cup cherry Tomatoes sliced in ahlf
- small head of Broccoli
- 1 Purple Pepper
- 1.5 cups Fresh pre-cooked chickpeas fresh not canned but you can use either
- curry powder
- salt, pepper
- 2 small garlic cloves
- sweet vidala onion sliced and diced
- served over 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Sauté Onion and Garlic with a drizzle of Olive Oil for a few minutes
- Add tomato and keep sautéing
- Add rest of cut up veggies to the pan and keep stirring
- Season with Salt-pepper garlic powder if desired…
- After sautéing for about 5 minutes add one can coconut milk and one can water
- add in 2 tablespoons curry powder and stir
- add turmeric
- add pink Himalayan sea salt
- add drop cayenne pepper if desired (See the SVT Prevention Diet guide for when and how much cayenne to use)
- slow cook for aprox 30-50 minutes
- Serve over brown rice
I hope you like this recipe and give it a try! Remember, use any veggies that you have on hand, be creative and have fun in the kitchen!
To learn exactly how to cook and eat to control SVT using food, check out my new digital E-book…
The SVT Prevention Diet: The SVT-Gut Connection and The Power of Food to Control SVT and Transform Your Health.
Get it HERE
I CREATE self-empowerment tools to help people with SVT
I hope you will take advantage of the HEAL SVT Naturally RESOURCES I design to help you take back control of your health and your life. They are listed below.
Heal SVT Naturally RESOURCES for You:
- Get my TOP TEN TIPS to HEAL SVT NATURALLY a free 14 page e-guide when you sign up for my email list for FREE HERE
- Heal SVT Naturally THE BAISCS Get it Here
- The SVT Prevention Diet e-guide, GET IT HERE
- Heal SVT Naturally INSTAGRAM page HERE
- Join The Heal SVT Naturally Private Facebook Group HERE
- Journaling TOOLS: SVT Journaling Page HERE
- Learn more about The Heal SVT Naturally Self Empowerment E-guide series HERE
- Like and follow my personal Heal SVT Naturally FB Page HERE
- Please comment below with any questions. I LOVE to hear from you and try to answer as many q’s as possible!
Your SVT Coach